Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Ornament Cards

Time to get down to making Christmas cards.  I got some new SU toys yesterday including the ornament punch and Delightful Decorations stamp set to match so had to play today. I am also playing along with the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week which is "puttin' on the ritz" (PPA123) or in other words to dress up your card with a little sparkle.

The first card has a Night of Navy card base.  I embossed the Cherry Cobbler layer with a Cuttlebug EF (some snowflakes) and layered it on white.  I stamped the ornament in Cherry Cobbler and punched it out then tied some Baker's Twine around it and added a rhinestone for some bling.  I popped the ornament on dimensionals on another new item that I got - silver glitter paper.  It is so pretty and shiny and I thought would look great behind the ornament .  This is also on dimensionals over some silver cord that SU retired several years ago.

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF, ornament punch, silver cord (SU ret), Baker's twine, rhinestone, dimensionals, red sticky tape



For the second card I punched the ornament right out of the silver glimmer paper and tied the silver cord around it. I stamped the ornament decoration in Versamark and embossed it in white embossing powder, added a rhinestone and popped it up on a dimensional.  The ornament is also on dimensionals on the Cherry Cobbler square behind it.  This time I embossed with a fancier folder (Cuttlebug but I don't remember the name) to make it a bit more elegant.  This is layered on white and then the C.C. card base.   Hope you like these Christmas cards.  There will be more to come in the next few days :-)

Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, white, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Ornament punch, 3/4" circle punch, silver cord (SU ret), embossing folder, white embossing powder, rhinestone, dimensionals, red sticky tape


Card dimensions for both cards:
Base: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2"
White layer: 3-5/8 x 4-7/8"
Cherry layer: 3-1/2 x 4-3/4"
White square: 2-1/8 x 2-1/8"
Cherry Square: 2 x 2"

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great holiday cards! Love the sparkly ornament!

Nina Dee said...

Beatiful! I love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with the Pals Paper Arts Challenge! :)

Ann Schach said...

Oh how gorgeous! I LOVE the Cherry Cobbler ornament against the silver glimmer! And what a fabulous embossing folder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...