Friday, January 27, 2012

FMS19

I have 2 cards today for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge FMS19.

The first card is pretty simple because I'm making it for a gentleman at my church. So no fancy ribbons, etc. I stamped the image in Old Olive and layered it on Old Olive. The sentiment is also stamped in Old Olive and punched out with the Modern Label punch. I used an Old Olive marker to go around the edges and then sponged the edges with Crumb Cake. This is popped up on dimensionals.  I punched 7 circles out of Crushed Curry (ret) using a 3/4" circle punch and then taped them down in a line on the Kraft card stock. Then I covered the bottom edges with the Crushed Curry dotted ribbon to get the scallop effect. I placed the image on dimensionals over the top of this and added 3 Old Olive brads. Pretty easy!



Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Kraft, White
Ink: Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, Crushed Curry ribbon (ret), Modern Label punch, Old Olive brads, dimensionals


The second card has a bit more detail in it.  I used a Certainly Celery base for this card because I had a scrap of retired DSP on my table and it matched better than the Old Olive. Not sure what that DSP is because it's been DSP on top of that. Then I wrapped some twill I also had lying on my table around that. The final little touch is some Baker's twine around the knot.   The image is stamped in Celery on white and layered on a piece of Daffodil Delight Print DSP.  The sentiment is in Celery and punched out with the Word Window punch and then layered on another piece of that DSP punched with the Modern Label punch which is popped up on a dimensional.  This is all on a piece of white which is embossed with the dots EF.  Finally I added 3 rhinestones which I colored with a yellow Sharpie. Don't know if you can see that very well in the pic.  Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, White, Daffodil Delight Print DSP, SU retired DSP,
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, rhinestones, twill, Baker's twine, dots EF, dimensionals, Sharpie to color rhinestones

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Perfect masculine cards! The colors are so warm. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Krista Quick said...

I love both of these! They turned out great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...