Saturday, April 25, 2015

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge

Good Morning! Today is Papertrey's monthly blog hop. Shaker cards are really big right now and when I saw the inspiration photo I thought Mother's Day and shaker.



I used my new Quickutz Nesting Squares Rounded dies to make the shaker frame. For the acetate window I used a sheet that a PTI stamp had come on. I keep all those clear sheets and figured I could finally use one. I found it to be a bit thick though. I used a metal shim and ran it through my Big Shot 3 times and it still didn't cut all the way through. I needed to use scissors to cut one side. Regular acetate sheets would be better. I stamped a few flowers in Sweet Blush on the backing piece of the shaker before assembling. The flower is stamped in  Hibiscus Burst and Ripe Avocado. (As an aside, I got the seed beads from Amazon and as far as I can tell they are exactly the same as what SSS is now selling for over twice the price.)




I used my Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal to cut the black strips. I used the outer frame to help me position the strips. Then I stamped the sentiment and the card was done.


Here's the challenge photo:



Hope my mom likes this card!  Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Saturday!!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Bitty Bouquets, Keep It Simple: Mother (PTI)
Paper: Simply Chartreuse Bitty Dots DSP, White, Black (PTI)
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush (PTI); Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Bitty Bouquets die, Cover Plate: Stripes Horizontal, Double sided adhesive foam (PTI); Nesting Squares Rounded dies (Quickutz); Bead Box seed beads (Blue Moon)


10 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty.

DIANA L. said...


I love your shaker card how fun!!Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet shaker!

Diana K said...

So much fun that you incorporated a shaker. Lovely card.

Carol said...

A beautiful shaker card Debbie. Carol x

Tracy said...

a very pretty and elegant shaker!

Nancy Penir said...

Love your shaker, Deb, so festive!

Sadie said...

Very cute idea! love that shaker. So pretty all put together.

Martha said...

This is so adorably sweet!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great shaker card. Love the dotted frame

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...