Saturday, June 30, 2012

Patriotic Hexagons

A 4th of July card for my parents using my new Hexagon Cover Plate by PTI.  The bottom of the card uses a 3 color hexagon design with one of the colors simply being white.  I originally left the white hexagons plain but thought it needed more punch so I went back and stamped stars from Pennant Parade on them.  The top of the card is Pacific Point run through the Cuttlebug using a dotted EF.  Red grosgrain ribbon is tied over these two panels. I stamped the sentiment in red on white. I took a square piece of Pacific Point and added red to the top half. Then I tied white Baker's twine 3 times around which covered the red/blue seam. Next I paper pierced all around the edge, attached the sentiment using dimensionals and placed a silver rhinestone in each corner. This whole panel is also on dimensionals over the ribbon.  I have 2 more 4th of July cards coming but I can't post them until my daughters see them because they watch my blog.  Happy 4th of July everyone!



Here's a close up of the sentiment panel.



Supplies:
Stamps: July Fourth (SU), Pennant Parade (SU), Happy Hexagons (PTI)
Paper: Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Real Red
Accessories: 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon, White Baker's twine, silver stick-on rhinestone, Cover Plate: Hexagons (PTI), dotted embossing folder, dimensionals


1 comment:

The Apple Crate said...

Gah! This is SO cute! I wasn't too sure about the hexagons when I first saw them, but you are consistently doing super fun things with them! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...