Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Card Concept Challenge #44

Hi everyone! We are moving into the holiday season with our inspiration photo for this challenge. Can't you just smell the cinnamon sticks and hot apple cider on the stove.



For my card I wanted to try a new (to me) technique using foil on the card.  I got some Sticky Embossing Powder, Versamark & foil and tried several times to get this technique to work and failed each time. Finally I resorted to using good ole gold embossing powder on the star. I think that since I was trying to emboss on white card stock I must have heat it too long. Have any of you had luck using Sticky Embossing Powder with your stamps? I'd love to hear about it.




My card is Clean & Simple. You can read about the styles here. The tree is stamped on a white tag.  I really liked the plaid chair in the photo and so I cut a second tag from a piece of plaid paper and placed it behind the tree. This is popped up on dimensionals. Finally the sentiment was added and that is that.



I hope you will join us for this challenge. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with! And don't forget to check out the rest of the design team!!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: O' Tannenbaum, Keep It Simple: Christmas (Papertrey)
Paper: White, Holiday Plaid pattern paper (Papertey)
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Classic Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy (Papertrey), Versamark
Other: Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey), Gold embossing powder, May Arts twine, foam dimensionals

11 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

What an adorable little tree

sandie said...

I haven't used the sticky powder but your star looks fab as it is! Love the arise look of your card X

laurie said...

I LOVE this Debbie!!! That tree is so cute, and I like your design..so crisp and clean!

The Apple Crate said...

Oh I just love this! So homey and warm, yet clean and simple at the same time. Fabulous card!

Laurie Unger said...

Hi Neighbor back at ya! What a cute little tree! It's always fun to see and hear from people who are close in geography.

Celeste Goff said...

This card is beyond gorgeous! Love that sweet PTI stamp and the paper you used on the tag behind it is the perfect accent!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Swoon!

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet!! Love the layered tags!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Debbie, this is just gorgeous! I love the bright, clean look to it -- very festive! Fun Christmas tag!
Take care!
Michele

Darnell said...

I adore this clean and striking tag card, Deb! It's like a breath of fresh air!! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Lilian said...

What a sweet tag card! Love that tree!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...