Saturday, November 7, 2015

Celebrate!

My son-in-law successfully defended his doctoral thesis last Friday and earned his PhD. Yay Brian!  This card went out in the mail today. Vickie - no peeking!!


He is a big lover lover of silver and black so of course I had to use those colors on his card.


All the extra doo dads are embossed in silver. I rubbed my embossing buddy over the black paper but there still is residue on the paper. Rats!




I die cut the celebrate 3 times in black and one time in silver and glued them all together before adhering to the card. This gives the sentiment a bit of dimension. The black panel was layered on silver paper, then white.


Thanks for stopping by today!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Good Times (PTI)
Paper: White, silver and black
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver embossing powder, Good Times die (PTI), 2 way glue pen

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Very classy card! Brian (and Titus) loved it! :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is perfect!

Unknown said...

I love the clean and simple look of your card, not to mention the two colors are striking. A big Congratulations to your SIL for his accomplishment. I'm pretty sure a lot of time and hard work went into achieving that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...