Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stitched Stockings Post It Pads

Yesterday I made a couple more Post It pads this time using the new Stitched Stockings stamp set.  These little stockings are so cute and come in several styles to choose from.

On the left the two stockings are nudged up on top of the ribbon and mounted with dimensionals to give them the look of hanging from the ribbon.  On the right, the stocking is on a dimensional on top of the ovals and then the oval is also on dimensionals.  The dimensionals give just a little bit of added depth that gives that extra punch to the design.  I also added rhinestones which are REALLY hard to photograph but I hope that you can see slightly glimmering in the pics :-)

I didn't want to use the cherry seam binding again and I was having trouble finding ribbon to match the stocking on the right but I found some Baroque Burgundy which I think is a close enough match to the DSP.

Also I have to confess that I keep cheap, white non-SU cardstock that I use for layering etc but I must have grabbed it accidentally (sometimes the scrap piles get mixed up) and stamped the stockings. They are not as crisp as the the reindeer in my previous post. It really does make a difference what cardstock you use!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!




Edited 9/18/2020

I just got a request for the dimensions of these little post it pads. I have always loved these cuties! They are quick, easy to make and are great for tuck in gifts! So here are the dimensions:

• The base layer is 6-11/16" x 3-1/8"
• Score at 3-1/8" from each short end and fold on score lines
• Adhere a 3" x 3" post pad inside

Decorate the outside as you like. For these, here is what I did:

• White Layer: 2-7/8 x 2-7/8”

• DSP layer: 2-3/4 x 2-3/4”


I have made a lot of these and will try to post more pictures today. Thanks for taking a look at one of my past projects!

Stamps: Stitched Stockings
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Frostwood Lodge DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (pad & marker), Garden Green
Accessories: Stitched Stockings punch, circle and scalloped circle punches, cherry cobbler seam binding, baroque burgundy 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (ret), square lattice EF, dimensionals, sticky tape, rhinestones, glue stick


4 comments:

Carolyn (snowmanqueen) said...

Great gift idea! Cute stockings!

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

These are adorable!

Karen said...

I know this is a long shot since so much time has passed but do you have the dimensions for making these cute little post it note holders. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Debbie said...

Karen, thanks for looking at one my very old posts. It has brought back memories of making these cuties! Well, I am sort of compulsive about keeping information about my projects so I had no problem finding the dimensions. I edited my original post to include that info but here you go:

Base layer outside dimensions: 6-11/16 x 3-1/8”
Score at 3-1/8” from each short end

Decorative bottom layer (white): 2-7/8 x 2-7/8”
Top dsp layer: 2-3/4 x 2-3/4”

Have fun making these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...