Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Card Concept Challenge #40

Hi! I hope that you enjoyed the last challenge and are getting back into the swing of things. We have a new Card Concept Challenge for you this week which involves "Forest Friends".




This photo immediately brought to mind an old SU set called Under the Stars. Do you remember it?  Here's my card. I have to tell you that I had a bad experience with a raccoon and camping at the ocean but this little guy is pretty cute.




I punched out the tag and stamped the critters. Then I ran the tag through my Big Shot with the Linen Impression plate to give it a tad bit of texture. Next I inked around the edge with the stamp pad and added the twine. A piece of Autumn Chicken Scratch DSP and a sentiment finishes it off.  The tag is popped up on dimensionals.  A Clean & Simple design.


Supplies:
Stamps: Under the Stars (SU), sentiment is from Peaceful Wildflowers (MFT)
Paper: Kraft (SU), Neena Solar White, Autumn Chicken Scratch Pattern Pack (PTI)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Classic Kraft (PTI)
Other: Monthly Moments Journal Card 6 die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), dimensionals (Recollections)


Well I couldn't help myself. I had to stamp another card.



I really liked the design of this card but ran into a few troubles. I stamped the sentiment on the vellum with Versafine Onyx black and it started to bleed. I also knew that it would be wet so I hit with my heat gun. And hit again. And hit it again. Wow. It just wouldn't dry.  So it's smudgy. Is that a word? Next time I will emboss it. Then I stamped the raccoon and got out my stamp-a-majig to line up the can of beans. After stamping I checked it out. Really? I can't even line it up with a stamp-a-majig.  Finally I stamped the bear, ran it through my wood impression plate and popped it up on dimensionals.  I still like the card, even with it's imperfections.

Hope you all will join us and make a Forest Friend card for the challenge.

Have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Under the Stars (SU), Wet Paint III (PTI)
Paper: Kraft (SU), White (PTI), vellum
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Wood Impression Plate (PTI), Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, dimensionals (Recollections)

12 comments:

sandie said...

I think both cards look really cute. And I had to giggle at your explanations of the mishaps of the second...no one would have been able to tell and I can't see any mistakes now. I like how you used the staples to attach the vellum-goes with the rustic feel x

LauraJane:) said...

Super textures on your cards..I had not noticed the Smudgys...Fun Stamps:)

Unknown said...

These are both soo cute Deb! Those little guys are seriously adorable!

laurie said...

Great set of cards! The images are so fun and just adorable!

Joyce said...

These are both so adorable, and so glad that they are friends.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Your cards are SO adorable! I just love these little critters! Great colors too!
Take Care!
Michele

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Both are so darn cute! What smudges????

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh my goodness, those are some FUN stamps!!!!

Deanne :)

AB. said...

Totally adorable! I love both the cards, but I think my favourite is the raccoon with the beans!!! CUTE!!! :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Cute!!!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love both cards and I remember this set well!! I have not used it in a while (I bought the digital version for MDS) but you have inspired me to try :-) Love the racoon as well with the beans and imperfections are what makes our cards original :-)

Celeste Goff said...

What awesome cards! Both are so wonderfully adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...