Friday, September 25, 2015

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge

Hi! Today is Papertrey's Blog Hop. The inspiration photo is below.



I picked up on the theme of the autumn leaves for my card.


I stamped the sentiment on Kraft cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot with the Linen Impression plate.



I watercolored orange, yellow, red and green onto watercolor paper and then die cut the leaves. I stamped the leaf veins in Classic Kraft and then spritzed with Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  You can see the sparkly shine in the photo above.

I attached the leaves with a single Glue Dot so that they would keep the slight curl and loose look. Next came the twine and a few sequins to finish it off.

I think this card will go to my SIL whose birthday is coming up in October. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have fun at the hop!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Leaf Prints, Side By Side Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: White, Autumn Chicken Scratch Pattern Pack (PTI), Kraft, SU, watercolor paper
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft (PTI)
Other: Leaf Prints die, Linen Impression Plate (PTI), twine (May Arts), Gold Color Shine (Heidi Swapp), sequins (Avery Elle), Glue Dots, dimensionals, watercolors (Simply Art)

12 comments:

Jenelle said...

OH, this is so pretty! I love the gingham background and the soft coloring of the leaves!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! I love the gold on the leaves!! The large gingham background is a great touch!

Greta said...

Those leaves are just stunning & what a beautiful card!

Vikki H said...

great composition on your card! Your leaves really glow with the gold spray accent!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the shimmery gold detail!

Annette Allen said...

wow your card is stunning.. i love the plaid background.. awesome designing..

maryrose said...

Oh my, that linen background is perfect for the fall leaves! So pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

So many lovely cards to see, and yet I find yours so soothing and lovely. One of my favorites in the hop. Beautiful leaves. Your SIL will love it!

Imke said...

Lovely card and wonderful Design !

Linda said...

Your leaves are so soft and gorgeous. Lovely card.

Jacquie Southas said...

The leaves are fabulous - the card comes together perfectly!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO classy, Debbie. So sweet and simple, but yet so elegant. I just love it. I'd like to invite you to stop by and share your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. We would LOVE to have you play along, and you could win some awesome prizes. It would be such a blessing to have you join us. I hope you will check it out and share your art with us!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...