Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Card Concept Challenge Has Returned

Hi All!  This is so exciting for me. My first Card Concept challenge as a member of the Design Team!  For our first challenge back from summer break we have this inspiration photo.



I love that yellow and aqua color combo. I also love the daisies but I have a new butterfly die and I wanted to try it out so I went that direction instead of flowers. So here is my Clean and Simple card.




 I sponged Aqua Mist ink over the mesh stencil and then used my aquapainter to flick on some Hawaiian Shores ink.  Next I stamped the sentiment.




I die cut the butterfly from some dotted vellum and then used my aquapainter to add Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold & Summer Sunrise to the back of the piece. It really curled and I was a bit worried until I used my hair dryer on a low setting to dry it from the back and it flattened out to a nice looking gentle curl. I added the black rhinestones then adhered the butterfly with glue dots.



A few enamel dots finished it off.


Now that you've seen this card, which I am really happy with,  I will show you the first card that I made. I really like this one too but it seemed just a touch fussy for a Clean & Simple card.



I cut a piece of cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4" then I used an aquapainter to loosely paint the background in Aqua Mist and let it dry.




Next I the spackled over a portion of the stencil and let it dry. While it was drying I stamped Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold & Summer Sunrise onto an acrylic block then swished a bit of water onto the block with an aquapainter. On a separate piece of white cardstock I smooshed the ink from the acrylic block. I did this a couple times, let it dry and then flicked some Tropical Teal onto it. I die cut the butterfly from this piece.




Next I Stamped the sentiment.  I got the spackling paste a bit far down and so I stamped over it but it's still ok.  I adhered the butterfly with glue dots only in the center so that the wings can float off the paper a bit.  Lastly I added the enamel dots and taped this layer down to the card. You could also add dimensionals to this layer but I'm at my daughter's right now and we haven't unearthed her dimensionals  from boxes yet.  It may all sound complicated but it went pretty quickly.


I hope that you liked my card(s) and will participate in this challenge. Also check out the inspiration from all the other Design Team members.

Thanks for stopping by today!


SUPPLIES: (all supplies are from PTI unless noted)

Card 1:
Stamps: Graceful Greetings 
Paper: White , Dotted Vellum
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise; Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Life is Beautiful Die Collection (pti); Texture Mesh stencil (Memory Box); sponge; Aquapainter, Acrylic block, Glue Dots (SU); Enamel dots (Doodlebug & Teresa Collins); Dimensionals (Recollections); Rhinestones (Recollections)

Card 2:
Stamps: Graceful Greetings 
Paper: White 
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise; Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Life is Beautiful Die Collection (pti); Lightweight spackling paste (hardware store); Texture Mesh stencil (Memory Box); Aquapainter, Acrylic block, Glue Dots (SU); Enamel dots (Doodlebug & Teresa Collins); Dimensionals (Recollections)

14 comments:

sandie said...

these are botn stunning cards.the backgrounds are wonderful. I like the embossed paste and as you kept it white, still acts as CAS to me. And what wonderful vellum butterflies. Great to be playing on the DT with you xx

laurie said...

I love the background! Your card is so soft and pretty, and the vellum butterflies are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow Debbie!! This is just gorgeous!! Love the texture of your background and that beautiful butterfly!!!

Mackie said...

Beautiful card! Love the backgrounds! And I especially love that vellum butterfly!

The Apple Crate said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I love seeing the different treatments for the same design. Thanks for sharing your talents!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love how light and airy the butterfly feels! So pretty! I'm excited to be a part of the DT with you!
Take Care!
Michele

Joyce said...

Both cards are so very pretty. I really love the texture in the 2nd card. Congrats on your new DT gig.

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are so pretty, and I love the texture.

Vicki Burdick said...

Beuatiful, love that butterfly!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Both are gorgeous!!!

Deanne :)

Lilian said...

So pretty!!! Glad to be on the same DT!
Lilian TCC Teamie
The Leaf Studio

New Creations said...

Both are gorgeous, love that dotted vellum butterfly!!!

Carole Pillon said...

So beautiful !!!!

LauraJane:) said...

I LOVE the blue inked grid BG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...